City of Los Angeles residents can dial the city’s non-emergency service number, 3-1-1, to request city services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also click here for online help.
Here are phone numbers and links to help you access some of the most commonly requested city services:
- Abandoned Cars. Call 800-ABANDON (222-6366) to report an abandoned vehicle. You will need to know the car’s location, license plate number, color, make, and model.
- Business information, including city, state, county and federal forms, click here.
- Bulky Item Pick-Up. Call 3-1-1 to request pick-up of items too large to fit into your trash bin. Please call at least 24 hours in advance of your regularly schedule trash pick-up day. You can also report for pick-up abandoned items in your neighborhood. You can also make an online request.
- Graffiti Removal. Call 3-1-1 to report graffiti or click here (http://www.lacity.org/bpw/OCS/grsr.htm) to access an online graffiti removal form. You will need to have the location of the graffiti and the type of surface (e.g. brick wall) so that the paint-out crew will know what kind of paint and equipment to bring. Requests are typically fulfilled within 48 hours.
I invite you to become a block captain in my anti-graffiti program, Uniting Neighborhoods to Abolish Graffiti (UNTAG). Learn more on UNTAG’s website.
- Potholes. Call 3-1-1 to report potholes for repair. You will need to know the location of the pothole. Requests are typically filled within 24 hours.
- Streetlights. Call 3-1-1 to report a problem with a streetlight.
- Trash, Recycling, or Yard Waste Collection. Call 3-1-1 if your trash, recycling, or yard waste did not get picked-up at your regularly scheduled time. You can also report a missed pick-up online.
The City of Los Angeles now offers free recycling services to apartment and condominium buildings. Call 3-1-1 to request this service.
My office is also here to help you. You can also make a request for city services through our office by completing an online service request form or contact us directly. You can also call us at 323-957-4500.